Do you have a double chin? If so, there’s a good chance you’re not alone. Many people have this problem to some extent — even those who appear to be skinny. A double chin is the appearance of two separate chins, often because one was lost in a previous relationship or overly emotional about one particular issue and has since hidden behind other features. The symptoms of having a double chin are virtually the same as with any other chins: it can be uncomfortable, distracting or even dangerous. Here’s why you might have a double chin and what you can do about it. Read on to find out more…
Why Do I Have a Double Chin?
There are many reasons why people might have a Double Chin. Some might have it simply because they are taller than average and the traditional chin-length hairstyle does not look good on them. Others might have it because they are used to wearing a lower-cut shirt or they might be trying to look more fashionable. Whatever the reason, there is no excuse not to have a Double Chin.
What Is a Double Chin?
- A Double Chin is when you have two separate chins. This means they are not the same size and not of the same shape. It can be a bit like a small double chin, but it is still distinct from the normal one in that it is a separate feature. A Double Chin can be on one side or both sides of your face.
There are many types of Double Chins:
- A mild-to-moderate Double Chin can be caused by genetics, weight gain or just years of age. These tend to be more common with older people and tend to grow as you get older. The good news is that it doesn’t usually last long and tends to go away after a few years as your face gets used to the shape .
- A severe Double Chin will definitely cause some problems for you and could even be dangerous if left untreated. The best way to avoid this type of chin is to make sure you don’t gain weight or lose too much weight over time — once again, this is usually more common with older people who have lost muscle mass through age, rather than any actual fat gain! If you do decide to lose weight, make sure you do so in slow stages over time and keeping your muscle mass intact at all times!
- Another cause for a Double Chin might be emotional stress — where one particular issue causes the chin muscles to pull up higher than normal in an attempt to hide behind other features. This might happen during an argument with someone or when you are feeling particularly down. If you feel this is happening, try to treat the problem and work through your emotions before it becomes a bigger issue.
- Lastly, some people have an underlying medical condition that can cause a Double Chin. This might be a muscle disorder like Marfan Syndrome or something else entirely. In the case of Marfan Syndrome, the condition usually causes one side of the face to be more prominent and can result in a Double Chin.
Why Does Having A Double Chin Persist?
1. It’s Not Too Bad:
Don’t be too hard on yourself if you do have a Double Chin, as some people don’t notice it at all. In fact, many people can completely miss the presence of their own Double Chins until someone points them out to them! So don’t worry if you are totally unaware that your chin really sticks out, as it’s not anything to be too concerned about.
2. There Aren’t Many Choices:
Due to the nature of how a Double Chin can look — especially in comparison to your standard single chin — there are not many options for making it go away whilst still looking good. Even Photoshop couldn’t help you remove the double chin in such a way that would be believable and achievable by anyone! A couple of small methods might help, but nothing will change the overall shape or size of your chin, so you’d need to wear some crazy-looking items for long enough for them to become less noticeable (such as a turtleneck or scarf) or only have an actual “chin” when you talk (rather than just having tissue over your top lip).
3. You’re Not Alone:
A lot of people have Double Chins and they aren’t always self-conscious about this fact either. However, they do appreciate others pointing out their chins in order to make them feel better about themselves and hopefully improve their self-esteem surrounding the issue! Assuming you are like everyone else with a Double Chin, then it’s totally fine to be open about your chin, and people are likely to admire you for being so accepting of yourself. If you are self-conscious about your Double Chin, however, then try not to worry about other people pointing it out! Instead, focus on improving how you feel in general, as that will lead to better overall self-esteem. Embrace who you are and what you’ve had to go through.
How To Tell If You Have A Double Chin
Chin Sticking Out Too Far:
When you raise one or both of your arms, the side your chin sticks out on is more noticeable than what’s on the other side. This is why many people with Double Chins are more embarrassed about their more prominent chin than they are about their smaller one!
When you pull down the middle of your face (between chin and nose), you should be able to feel two indentations. If the indentations aren’t visible but instead can only be felt, then this could mean that you have a Double Chin and that your lower lip is too far over your chin.
If you look in a mirror as if from above and one end of your face looks different from the other, then this could mean that there’s some asymmetry caused by having a Double Chin! However, it could also mean that something else has changed like something on your face or in your jaw area has changed shape. If a doctor has told you that you have an issue with Chin Implant Surgery , then it’s less likely to be due to something else going wrong with it rather than because of having a Double Chin! If you aren’t sure if you have a Double Chin and would like to discuss this with your doctor, then it’s worth bringing it up. Your doctor could be able to adjust your jaw, or recommend something else that might work for you!
Chin Drooping Left (not Right):
If you look down at your chin, it should look in the same direction of your nose–either left or right–but if your chin seems to point towards the left of your nose instead, then that could be another sign that you have a Double Chin.
While most people will have their base chin level with their mouth, some people may have a little bit of a lean towards the right side of their face and this might cause a Double Chin! If this has happened to you and if both sides of your chin seem equal in size and in line with each other, then perhaps you’re experiencing some unevenness on one side but not the other? (If so, are there any asymmetries around one side, like an indentation or prominence?) If not, then maybe it’s just because one side dips inwards more than the other?
Getting Help for Your Double Chin From Weight Loss Surgery (or Surgery on Your Face or Jaw)
The Diet That Works For A Double Chin
1. Eat Less:
The first and most important thing you need to do is cut down on the amount of food you’re eating. A relatively common cause of Double Chins is overeating, which can lead to a myriad of unhealthy conditions. Give yourself a goal to follow and get started right away.
Eating nuts, seeds and fatty fish should be a staple in your diet. Eat as many of these foods as possible every day.
Get on the treadmill or take classes to get yourself fit. Find something that you enjoy and do it regularly, even if it’s just for 10 minutes at least 4 times a week.
4. Drink Water:
Drinking water is an important part of good health, but you shouldn’t be drinking too much of it. The FDA recommends that women drink 1 cup of water per day and 2 cups for men and young children. Too much water is bad for your health, but it can also make your Double chin look even worse by making you look bloated!
Sleep is one aspect most people neglect when trying to hide their Double Chins from others but if you want to get rid of your Double Chin then there’s not much else you can do but get a good night’s sleep! It doesn’t matter what time it is or how much sleep you think you need, the best thing is to get the right amount of sleep without fail!
When it comes to having a double chin, it’s important to know the difference between a double chin and other facial features, such as a low or high nose, droopy eyelids or a small lip. The main difference between a double chin and the other features is the amount of excess fat that appears on the face. If you’re having a hard time getting your body composition (fat and carbohydrate) in check, you can follow these tips to help reduce your body fat percentage: Exercise; Drink water; Get your abs in order; Consume healthy fats; and Don’t forget to smile!