Amazon is a marketplace, not a seller of products. They are the platform connecting buyers and sellers. However, because of the vast number of third-party sellers on Amazon, customers may find it challenging to locate products sold directly by Amazon. So how do you locate those hidden items? If you search for clothing on Amazon, you’ll probably see results from various sellers like Forever New or Jabong. You won’t see results from individual brands like Puma or Nike (unless they have their own branded stores on Amazon). That’s why you need to know how to find items sold by Amazon if you want to buy directly from them. Here are some tips that will help you identify which products are sold by Amazon and where they can be found:
How To Find Items Sold By Amazon?
1. Check the Catalog
The first step in finding an item sold by Amazon is to check its catalog. Using the search bar in the top-right of the page, select “All Products”. This will pull up the Amazon catalog, where you can then search for your desired item by name. This is the first place most people go when looking for items sold by Amazon. It’s the most straightforward method and will likely pull up most of the products you’re looking for. You may not find every single product sold by Amazon using the catalog search, but it should be your first step.
2. Watch for Product Announcements
As we’re well into the 21st century, product announcements (new products, new releases, etc.) are frequently announced on social media. Chances are that Amazon will announce new products on social media. To find items sold by Amazon that are still awaiting product announcements, go to the Amazon website and click on “Following”. This will pull up a page with a list of all the people you’re following, as well as a feed of the latest posts from each person.
3. Use Manufacturer Pages
Not all products are sold by Amazon directly. In some cases, a manufacturer may sell its products through Amazon. This is especially common with smaller retailers that may not have the capacity to sell their products online. This will be the case for some items you find while using the catalog search. If you click on the “Sold by” section of each product page, you’ll be able to see who is selling the product. If the product is being sold by Amazon, you should see “Amazon.com” or “Amazon” listed in the “Sold by” section. If you don’t see this, the product is being sold by the manufacturer. You can then visit the product page on the manufacturer’s website and search for it there. As long as it’s listed on Amazon, you should be able to find it using these tips.
4. Search Using the Amazon API
The Amazon API is a database of information on every single product listed on Amazon. It includes the product name, description, product ID, shipping details, and more. This database is often used by developers to create shopping apps, websites, and services. It’s very useful for anyone looking to find items sold by Amazon. The easiest way to search the Amazon API is by using a browser plug-in like the Amazon Product Browser. This plug-in will let you search the Amazon API by product name, product ID, ASIN, or other search criteria. You can also search the Amazon API by visiting https://api.amazonservices.com/.
5. Find Hidden Items by Skimming the Product Description
The product description is a great place to find hidden items sold by Amazon. If a product is listed as being sold by Amazon and you can’t find it by searching the catalog or manufacturer page, skim the product description for any keywords that indicate the product is sold by Amazon. For example, you may come across the product description for a lawn mower that indicates it ships from or is sold by a certain company. If the lawn mower is listed as being sold by Amazon, you should be able to find it using one of the four previous tips.
Why You Should Find Items Sold By Amazon?
- When you find products on Amazon, sold by Amazon, you gain access to more information about the product than you’d get from a regular product listing. You can see the product’s sales rank, the number of reviews, and the price history graph.
- You also have access to the product’s Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) rank. The FBA rank lets you know how likely Amazon is to fulfill the product for you. If a product’s rank is high, Amazon is likely to fulfill the item for you.
- Your ability to view this additional information about the product can help you to decide if the product is worth buying. If the sales rank is high, the number of reviews is high, and the price history is positive, then you know the item is a good one.
- You also know that Amazon is more likely to fulfill the product for you. This could give your business an edge over other sellers who could be sourcing their own products.
Where To Find Amazon’s Own Products?
- The best place to start your search is Amazon’s own product pages. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, you know that the items are being sold by Amazon, backed by their usual customer service and shipping terms.
- Secondly, you can browse for products sold by Amazon through Amazon’s main site, Amazon’s mobile apps, and Amazon’s search engine. So you can easily find the products you want and buy them directly from Amazon.
- This is in contrast to products from third-party sellers, which might not be available on Amazon. The easiest way to browse Amazon’s own products is to visit Amazon.com. Once there, click on the “Shop by Department” tab.
- You’ll see sections for every Amazon-owned brand, including AmazonBasics, Audible, and Zappos. Click on the tab for the brand you want to shop for. This will take you to a page with a list of products. You can browse through the list to see all the products sold by Amazon.
How To Identify Which Items Are Sold By Amazon?
- The easiest way to identify which items are sold by Amazon is to look for the tag “Sold by Amazon.” This tag will appear next to the price of the product. Amazon’s search results will always show products sold directly by Amazon first, followed by products from third-party sellers. So if you click on a link to an item sold by a third-party seller, you’ll be taken to that seller’s product page.
- In this case, you can easily tell that you aren’t shopping on Amazon but on a third-party seller’s site. Look for the name of the seller and other details about their service and shipping terms. If you want more information about the item, click on its name or image. This will take you back to Amazon where you can check customer reviews and other details.
- You can identify which items are sold by Amazon by looking at the “Sold by” and “Ship by” information in the product description. If the item is sold by Amazon, you’ll see the name “Amazon’s fulfillment” in the “Sold by” section of the product details page. If it“ships by Amazon,” the product is being sent from an Amazon warehouse.
- Alternatively, you can use an Amazon search filter to show only Amazon-owned items. To do this, click “All” in the “Department” drop-down menu at the top of Amazon’s homepage. Then click “Category” and select “All Departments.” Once on this search page, click the “Filter” tab on the top-right of the page. Here, you can select “Amazon’s Choice” or “Amazon’s Own” to show only items sold by Amazon.
You might have thought that Amazon only sells goods from third-party vendors, but that’s not the case. While Amazon’s marketplace allows third-party vendors to sell their products through Amazon, Amazon also sells its own products through the same marketplace. So how do you find those hidden items? You can do this in one of two ways. Either you browse the “Where to Find Amazon’s Own Products” section above, or you can search for items on Amazon that are “Amazon’s Choice” or “Amazon’s Own.” In either case, you’ll be able to shop for and purchase items sold directly by Amazon.